Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lunch Lady and the summer camp shakedown


Title: Lunch Lady and the summer camp shakedown
Author: Jarret Krosoczka
Level: J
Location: graphic novel J Krosocczka vol.4
The Breakfast Bunch kids are on their way to their first sleep away summer camp ( with no technology). Guess who they run into as they get off the bus - the Lunch Ladies! The camp legend of a swamp monster seems to have come true. Everytime the swamp monster shows up another activity is cancelled. Can camp get any worse? Can the Lunch Lady figure out who is behind the swamp monster in time for some fun?
Bottome Line: Cool gadgets that remind me of Inspector gadget. I read this book to a group of 5-8 year olds who voted it their favorite of everything I read. Several boys wanted to know if there were more books. Definitely some humor. I heard snickers as I was reading.

1 comment:

  1. My kids have enjoyed this book for a fun read. They are always up for a book with humor!

    ReplyDelete