Thursday, October 8, 2009

Impossible

Title: Impossible
Author: Nancy Werlin
Location: YA Werlin
Reading Level: Young Adult

Are you going to Scarborough Fair
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
She once was a true love of mine


This song isn't just a pretty tune, it's a series of instructions, or tasks, for the girl to complete in order to be his true love. But, what if she doesn't want to be his true love and she's cursed unless she completes these tasks?

Lucy Scarborough learns why the women in her family go insane and she must complete these "impossible" tasks before she also goes insane and the cycle continues.

Bottom line:
I really enjoyed this book! The song, "Are you going to Scarborough Fair" was constantly in my head as I read. I loved how clever and original this story was. It has a little fantasy, a little mystery and a little romance. It's a quick read and a great story!


No comments:

Post a Comment